> The syntax I gave was perhaps a poor example. We couldn't implement it
> without making it impossible to transclude tiddlers with spaces and colons
> in their titles. So we'll need to figure out an extension to the existing
> syntax that is backwards compatible.

Looks rather backwards compatible to me. Any basic transclusions as
currently available should perfectly work in a newer version providing this
type of parametric transclusion.

Of course, it won't work the other way around, which gets me to think that
perhaps it might be a good idea to implement a *core* field, after all,
indicating the core-version with which a tiddler was last saved... and thus
be able to more easily spot issues, e.g. upon import.

Best wishes, Tobias.