Hi Birthe,

i can confirm this behaviour. For me it is the same.

Opening the Tiddler I don't see an editor (image)
<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZBT-hPRD_18/VG0L0pq8UOI/AAAAAAAAAAk/d0wBDtWiU_0/s1600/VisualEditor_before.png>

After I changed the content type to text/html  the editor showed up (all
mingeled) (image)
<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-copvmZlCaJY/VG0NVUPbNYI/AAAAAAAAAA8/Hr0eZf0_8LM/s1600/VisualEditor_afterchange.png>

After a save the tiddler and  reopen it looks ok (image)
<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3Yr_gqcCiO0/VG0NZ3kPc0I/AAAAAAAAABE/luehay5IwsU/s1600/VisualEditor_afterchange_saveandreload.png>

On your version provided on dropbox
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22820223/twEditor.htm> nothing happens
at all when changing the content type

Now locally no luck yet. I will work on this this week and see if I can get
it working based on your input and post my way to get it working.

Thanks.
Dim