Just to be clear, the new implementation of tag pills means that the text
will be rendered in either the current foreground or background colours,
according to which one has the highest contrast with the tag pill
background.

I think the thing that we're all surprised about is that the W3C algorithm
considers black to be higher contrast with our default orange than the
foreground white colour.

I'd be open to changing the default tag pill colour. I've updated the
prerelease to use the paler orange that Tobias recommended in the GitHub
thread.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, November 21, 2014 2:12:21 AM UTC+1, Daniel Baird wrote:
>>
>> I answered at github, but basically those magic numbers are how you get a
>> luminance value from an RGB colour.  Interesting isn't it, green is the
>> major contributor to perceived brightness..
>>

>> The contrast formula is here: http://www.w3.org/TR/AERT#color-contrast
>>

> The reason, why it is that way can be seen here:
> http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/lightandcolor/humanvisionintro.html
> Search for green and see the including and following paragraphs :)
>
> -m
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com