Hi Jeremy,

> I find the table a bit confusing. The underlying situation is much simpler:
>
> * Textual substitution for $parameters$ and $(variables)$ only takes place
> within macro bodies
> * Transcluding a variable with <<variable>> is a basic wikitext construct
> that can also be used for widget/html element attributes
> * Transcluding a tiddler text reference with {{title}} is a basic wikitext
> construct that can also be used for widget/html element attributes
> * Filters use [<variable>] for a variable transclusion, and [{title}] for
> a tiddler transclusion

Thanks for the consolidated list! I will use it to try fill the above table
with the expectated behavior and do some testing in...

http://pv5.tiddlyspot.com

Not sure where to place such a consolidated aggregation in tiddlywiki.com.
Imho, it would be good if it were not just scattered all about different
module documentations.

I did some updating and consolidation at the page below. Please, be so kind
to take a quick look, and let me know if anything's off...

http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Variables%20vs.%20Parameters

I turned your excellent overview into an example wiki...

> You've been very productive recently! I'd like to link to your new TW5
> stuff, what's the best base URL to use?

Yes, trying to catch up and using *tb5 *as a central hub for gathering tw5
know-how...

http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com

That's the place for me until that perhaps more distant moment where I
might be doing some more segmented node.js-serving. Although I am doing
that already, I might eventually split up contents into dedicated
TiddlySpots to keep the load a bit at bay in tb5.

Best wishes, Tobias.