Hi Gerald

The default content type should probably be configurable. In the meantime,
the best way would be to create an alternative "new journal" button that
incorporates the special behaviour that you need.

Create a new tiddler called something like "$:/MyNewJournalButton" and the
following content:

\define journalButton()
<$button tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/NewJournal/Hint}}
aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/NewJournal/Caption}}
class=<<tv-config-toolbar-class>>>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title=<<now
"$(journalTitleTemplate)$">> tags="$(journalTags)$"/>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-icons>prefix[yes]]" type="image/png">
{{$:/core/images/new-journal-button}}
</$list>
<$list filter="[<tv-config-toolbar-text>prefix[yes]]">
text={{$:/language/Buttons/NewJournal/Caption}}/></span>
</$list>
</$button>
\end
<$set name="journalTitleTemplate" value={{$:/config/NewJournal/Title}}>
<$set name="journalTags" value={{$:/config/NewJournal/Tags}}>
<<journalButton>>
</$set></$set>

It's the same as the shadow tiddler "$:/core/ui/Buttons/new-journal" with
the addition of type="image/png" on the action-sendmessage widget.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Gerald Strickland <mr.strickl...@inbox.com>
wrote:

> I chose to do this before for tiddlers using the methods described here: TW5
> Default type
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/vKMkeyezxpg/discussion>
>
> How would I go about changing the default content type for journal entries?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com