I am not sure what you are referring to specifically, if you mean the table
of contents on the right side than Tobias Beer has a good reference here (
http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Table%20Of%20Contents%20In%20Sidebar ) or I
wrote a brief explanation that is more focused on usage rather than how it
works here (
http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#Creating%20a%20table%20of%20contents ).

If you are referring to what happens when you click on the yellow ovalish
thing that says 'TableOfContents' that is one of the behaviours of tags.
The tiddler Hello There is tagged 'TableOfContents' so it appears under the
name of the tiddler by default. Clicking on any tag in that context will
open a dropdown menu that lists all tiddlers that have that specific tag.
So it isn't specifically a TOC dropdown, it is a listing of all tiddlers
tagged with TableOfContents. The second link above has a short explanation
of why they are tagged the way they are.

I apologize if neither of those are what you are asking about, if it isn't
or you have any more questions please ask.