Hi Alberto,

> Tags have no semantic meaning, or they all share the same meaning. I
> needed tags to categorize, others meaning "written by", or "about", or
> "related to", etc., and you cannot do that with tags. For instance, if you
> have a tiddler for a book, and you tag it "William Shakespeare", it could
> mean that it is written by him, or that it talks about him, or it's related
> to him, etc.

That is something I have pondered about for a long time. A simple tag (aka
keyword) simply is not good enough for so many usecases. Instead, what you
want is a qualified tag that expresses both something to relate to AND the
type of relation, encoded in one "semantic" tagging relation, that could be
expressed by something like "my tag++relation y"... whereas the ui would
actually allow you to explore this relation in a number of ways, e.g.

   1. all with *tag* AND *relation*
   2. all only with *tag*
   3. all only with *relation*

...and allow for a wide range of more fine-grained queries against a
tiddler store. So, perhaps, it's time to introduce a new layer of
connecting tidbits, aka "relations"... and to seprate them, if not
eventually mingle them with tags in the above tag++relation type of manner.
Of course, just as tags are first class citizens, so should relations be.

Best wishes, Tobias.