I made a widget (currently the only thing in the TW5Utils plugin I am
working on) that allows you to link fieldB to fieldA so that whenever
fieldA changes fieldB changes as well. It turns out that this is more
useful than I expected.

The most interesting things I have managed to do with it is to make a
single select widget set multiple fields to different values, iterate over
a list to set values in each tiddler returned by a filter and implement a
search and replace over all the content of fields in a wiki.
I am rather surprised.

The search and replace is a bit slow, but that is expected for searching
all the fields. I am hopefully going to add an option to select the fields
whose values you want to replace instead of replacing all the field values
that match the search.

I am not very good at documentation, but hopefully there is enough to give
the idea of what is possible.

Wiki tiddler (with linked examples):
http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#The%20link-fields%20Widget

Github: