My answer would be number 3, though the name could remain static.  Having
the option to choose the name would be good but not necessary.

I have done a very good job of explaining my wishes here so I created an
example at journalexample.tiddlyspot.com.

See the field names in the New Journal tiddler.
I want to be able to choose from a list of tiddlers when completing the
value of each field
for instance - exercise could be:  cycling; running; yoga; or boot camp;
meditation could be: 5 mins; 10 mins; 15 mins; 30 mins; ....

I hope this is clear.