That would definitely be a worthy exercise. I have started collecting some
recipes in the past, most from my grandmother's recipe book using TreeLine
<http://treeline.bellz.org/>and plan to keep doing it, but many are in
analog paper format, which is very time consuming
Tiddlywiki seems like a more versatile way display it, though some work
setting up fields and display templates would be needed to achieve a more
"structured" approach.

Just to open up your appetite: Bacalhau com Broa - Codfish with cornbread
crumb crust (quite a tongue-twister in both taste and pronunciation eheh)

<http://www.petiscos.com/fotos_utilizadores/1bfa8d82a7c832766a5ae18d59da1eeeb_bacalhau_com_broa.jpg>