> The demo wiki  is here ...
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3av1v76la76lm9m/OrganizedBrain.html?dl=0
> I am going to try improving it a bit, so if anyone has suggestions I would
> like to hear them.

I like the vertical bar.

Here's how I would do it though...

I'd put the panel on the right side, to have an actual,
content-driven (even content-sensitive) left-menu,
instead of the default "admin-ish" sidebar.

I would not stretch the story river to the full page width,
It simply impinges a lot on readability
going from line to line this way.

So, either, have a story that looks more like pinterest,
or leave it at the default width.

I would put SiteTitle and SiteSubtitle up top,
and a top-menu right below.

I imagine you wanted to show how to customize the thing,
but things like import or story-view, I'd never show that by default.
That's what the more button is for.

I also wouldn't know why I need a custom refresh button.
That's why they invented browser buttons or keystrokes.

As for the sidebar, I would actually toggle it,
rather than open a tiddler... now that you would have the space for it.

I'd add a little on-hover style to the buttons,
so they stand out like those tiddler buttons.

The whole vertical bar could even be hidden and only show on-hover.
Possibly the cleanest ui for a "presentation mode".

Best wishes, Tobias.