I can create and save tiddlers. My thinking is that it would be a
limitation due to cross-browser scripting since plugins that have no code
will import just fine, whereas plugins with code won't. So,
$:/config/markdown/dialect
and $:/language/Docs/Types/text/x-markdown import just fine, the others
don't.

I'm using version 5.1.7 and bear in mind that I installed the Node.js
version.