I was able to get it to work and I understand you are on Node.js
I can't screen cast my node set up as it is on my RasPi and I don't have an
HDMI recorder.

You need to set the TYPE to Markup for Markup to have Markup work, d'oh!!!
So I copied all 5 Tiddlers by hand, the 4 shadow Tiddlers and the Plug in
itself.
Once I did that 'Markup' shows up as an option and you change your Tiddler
to that and now Mark up works.

If you need a video I can redo this into an empty.html and I will confirm
it works.

Rich Shumaker