> Is there somewhere I could look to implement this myself? Seems like it
> shouldn't be too difficult.

You can start from here...

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=import

...and walk your way through the code.

For example, the *dropzone* widget triggers the importer at various
locations...

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/d8cc283b3a571ff144ef88f49cf23db1897e4281/core/modules/widgets/dropzone.js

And then the *navigator* module appears to handle the *tm-import-tiddlers*
action:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/1adfe20508116da0ee4b5c9e72ea9742f24b60c9/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js#L451

And then there is some upgrader module being hooked in...

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/1adfe20508116da0ee4b5c9e72ea9742f24b60c9/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js#L479

All in all, we woul need a differnt ui other than a mere checkbox per
tiddler and a button at the end.
Perhaps that's the right starting point.
To first design a meaningful ui and then figure out where and how to bind
it.

Best wishes, Tobias.