Hi Andrew,

thanks for the background information :)

My interests include spaced repetition software like Anki [...]

Yeah, I love Anki, it's a great program. I used it a lot to prepare myself
for my exams. Stephan Hradek created a light weight question-answer
mechanism for tiddlywiki
(http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Simple%20Quiz%20Using%20CSS)...

> and Supermemo, advanced learning techniques like speed reading and memory
> training (i.e. mnemonics, memory palaces, the major system, etc.) and
> applying all of these in an academic environment to master the art of
> learning and memorizing.

Sounds cool.

> *More specifically, my interests are:*
>
>    - *how to extract the most essential information from any source (PDF,
>    Power Point, or physical books,) *
>
> That is a never ending fight. I use TiddlyWiki for that a lot to
centralize information from various sources (I use Zotero for storing
scientific papers and make notes in tiddlywiki).

>    - *organizing in the best possible way*
>
> Nice

>    - *create meaningful visual representations (i.e. mind map)*
>
> Note that TiddlyMap is still in Beta (it is possible that a release breaks
the some of the previous functionality, however, I try to avoid that). If
you want to stay up to date, you can subscribe to the github repo
(https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/tree/master) also if you
discover bugs you can file an issue there.

If there are any other medical students or any other kind of students here
> who actively use tiddlywiki in university, I'd love to hear from you and
> see your examples!

I use it for my master thesis. It will take some time till you discover
your own tiddlywiki-workflow / way of organizing your stuff.

Good luck

-Felix