It's not possible to do easily, yet, so I'm not suggesting the following as
a solution. In addition your posting reads like you are looking for
something where the server is just for storage and little more than that.

Instead I'm just making my semi-regular "with a bit more work this could be
done with TiddlyWeb" posting. Implicit in this should be read my apologies
for not being able to do it myself due to employment constraints.

TiddlyWiki 5 and TiddlyWeb can talk to one another relatively well, but
with some issues that could be fixed.

The existing (last time I checked) tiddlywebadaptor plugin:

* is designed to work with TiddlySpace rather than a generic TiddlyWeb
server.
* it's difficult to make it dynamically choose a desired recipe to use as a
source for content.
* it doesn't have smarts for how to fruitfully deal with edit conflicts
(TiddlyWeb will return a response code indicating when one happens)

TiddlyWeb can provide (given correct setup) but doesn't make it easy enough:

* content change notifications either through websockets or fairly
efficient support for being polled for "all changes since last time I
checked"
* comprehensive authentication (are you who you say you are) and
authorization (can you access this thing to do action X) controls via
challengers and polices
* scales from little personal installations to huge enterprisey
installations

If anybody wants to know more about these issues or features please ask and
I can try to provide more info.