Hi Michele

I hoped for a standard way of doing this but after searching the mailing
> list, I could not find much. Will passing a filter to ListField be
> supported sometimes in the future?

Funnily enough, I did consider allowing the list filter to contain filter
expressions instead of just a title list as at present. At the time of the
original design, my concern was performance (filters can be quite slow to
evaluate) and simplicity. It's certainly something that would be
interesting to investigate now. The good thing is that a title list is a
degenerate filter, so if we redefined the list field as a filter it
wouldn't break existing wikis.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

> Regards,
> michele
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Richard Smith <
> richardwilliamsmit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Michele,
>>
>> The tag-tiddlers are treated the same as other tiddlers, so they can
>> contain their own content, so putting your filter into the text field of a
>> tag-tiddler will render the list correctly there, but it won't have any
>> effect on the filter expression inside the tag-template. As you say, the
>> list field does affect the order of the list but there's no great way to
>> populate it automatically - you can use the taglist plugin to re-order the
>> list by dragging and dropping and this will populate the list for you but
>> it still seems like overkill to be manually managing this at all when you
>> have the info to do it automatically.
>>
>> The second method seems to be ok, as far as I know. When you edit the
>> .../TagTemplate tiddler you are creating a copy of it that takes precedence
>> over the version in the core - if the tag template gets updated in the
>> future you won't see the change because you'll still be using your own copy
>> but that's not likely to be a big problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Richard
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a9fc507a-e81d-4ed3-81f9-84ccd37048b3%40googlegroups.com