Jeremy,

I'm pretty sure that there's no problem that can't ultimately be solved
with clever macros and cleverly formatted tiddlers. I've been trying to
find a problem I can't solve on my own. Unfortunately I pick a problem,
spend 2 hours on it and then figure out the solution. So I'm working
through the code one problem at a time, rewriting my code, separating it
into global macros, all the stuff that well written code should do.

But, given that I realize all problems can be solved eventually, many
problems could be solved in 5 minutes instead of 2 hours if I could force
the evaluation of some text string during the execution of a macro rather
than after it has been returned to the base context.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0caff17d-1eeb-4652-b52a-1292818560db%40googlegroups.com.