You can likely use the "match" filter operator for this.

Transclude in your first paragraph of a tiddler named "test" like this:

{{{test ||show_first }}}

Then make a template tiddler called show_first containing:

<$set name="first_paragraph" filter="[is[current]match:text/.+/]">
<$text text=<<first_paragraph>>/>
</$set>

This seems to work but I am not sure why is includes some [[...]] around
the text. Probably something stupidly simple that I'm missing.

Also, I am not sure if the match filter operator is part of the core or
some some plugin that I picked up and have been carrying around in my
tiddlywikis since I see no description of it in the official site.

/Mike

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6d515d4f-e0ac-4811-865a-733a89be5bbe%40googlegroups.com.