OUCH!!!!! --- Take a break!

Folks,
I think there's nothing left from the initial idea to have a fast and easy
way to take *one new note*.

Compare the FastNewTiddler UI with a standard NewTiddler UI.
You'll see, that it looks very, very similar. ... *but *the "standard
NewTiddler" works.

Now the FastNewTiddler has a toolbar?!? ... IMO there should be only one
button. "Done" which closes it.

I was intrigued by the idea, that there should be a fast "throw away
interface" to create a single new tiddler. If the tiddler is created, the
UI should go out of my way.

 - If the tiddler is created it shows up in the "recent" sidebar. -> done.

 - If I want to open this tiddler for refactoring I use the existing UI. ->
I click it in the sidebar, which opens a standard tiddler UI. -> done

 - If I want to edit this new tiddler I click the existing edit button from
the existing standard UI -> done

Now the FastNewTiddler is/should be, what we call in German an "eierlegende
wollmilchsau <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eierlegende_Wollmilchsau>".
And now it should become the "Transclude first paragraph eierlegende
wollmilchsau
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/lN3GO7AIsoc>" ..

Sorry Mat I don't want to be harsh, but I think you get the gist. I still
think the original idea is great! ... IMO there is a reason, why you get
overwhelmed. ...

Please step back and have a look at the big picture. The "eierlegende
wollmilchsau" is an illusion!

What really works is "separation of concerns" - "Do one thing well and
combine them later" (That's how most things in TW work;)

Quoting from wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_concerns>

The value of separation of concerns is simplifying development and
> maintenance of computer programs. When concerns are well-separated,
> individual sections can be reused, as well as developed and updated
> independently. Of special value is the ability to later improve or modify
> one section of code without having to know the details of other sections,
> and without having to make corresponding changes to those sections.

Sorry I'm not really sure what
http://fastnewtiddler.tiddlyspot.com/#Todo%20%28please%20help%29 should do.
But imo everything it proposes is already working at tiddlywiky.com out of
the box. Just the UI is different and imo more confusing.

just my 2 cents.

have fun!
mario
PS: Damn it. I don't want to sound like a schoolmaster :/ Sorry folks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9e15e89b-2b56-4eae-aa5a-452105637724%40googlegroups.com.