Hi Mario, Mat, Alex,

To Mario's point, this stuff wouldn't be parsed by the usual wikitext
parser. We'll need a new pre-parser that processes this markup.

Let's imagine that we added support for the following way to add tags to
the current tiddler:

.#tag
.#another tag

That markup needs to end up with the creation of an actual tag field so
that the tag mechanisms can work on it. We can't just use the markup above
as the record of the tags applied to the tiddler.

Retaining that markup within the tiddler would lead to duplication of data,
which may not be a massive problem for a tag, but doesn't look sensible
with operations like exploding a tiddler into subtiddlers; the whole point
of that operation is to split the original tiddler up; retaining the
wikitext with the markup would negate that.

So, that's why the way that I think about this is more like a shorthand
command line syntax for typing tiddlers, which is expanded at the point
that the tiddler is confirmed.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Alex Hough <r.a.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes Mario,
>
> I like that... thanks!
>
> Alex
>
> On 27 May 2015 at 15:00, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest, to use this special syntax, which is already part of the
>> core.
>>
>> <<tag Productivity>>, <<tag "Larry Elliot">> or
>>
>> *<<tag Productivity>>
>> **<<tag test>>
>> *<<tag "Larry Elliot">>
>>
>> so you can create nice outlines for your ideas.
>>
>> -mario
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/973ae393-2a8e-4a1f-928d-6f1afa84ed35%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/973ae393-2a8e-4a1f-928d-6f1afa84ed35%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>