As I wrote and as Jed stated: *"I think that if we can make these
distinctions than each tiddler could have its own license in the extreme
case." ... *but this may be overkill for most usecases.

It is relatively easy to identify where the content comes from eg:

 - download an empty.html
 - drag and drop import an empty-edition.html
   - All tiddlers, that show up here are different to emtpy.html ...
     - plugins are bound to the plugin license
     - edition content is bound to the edition license.

 - If a end-user wants to know, what he modified, s/he just needs to import
the active TW into empty-edition.html.
   - Every tiddler, that shows up now, is user created content and belongs
to the user. ... IF the edition license allows this!

-----------

I think that if possible adding an exemption for modifications made to
> tiddlers using built-in modification mechanisms like $:/SiteTitle and
> $:/SiteSubtitle should be included. That would just be for a situation like
> someone writing and publishing a book in TiddlyWiki not having to worry
> about if they still have the copyright for their title when they put it in
> $:/SiteTitle.

IMO no need for an exemption.

If I change the site title from TiddlyWiki to "My Freaking Awesome Novel" I
physically create a copy of the $:/SiteTitle tiddler. ...
 - Since this core tiddler is BSD licensed, I don't need to ask for
permission to change it.
 - Since I did create the new content, it automatically is my copyright.
 - This is valid for every other system tiddler.
 - Every tiddler has a creator and modifier field, if the
$:/status/UserName in the ControlPanel is set. So it is relatively easy to
see, who "owns" the tiddler :)

BSD license allows me to change everything, if I leave the original license
text in tact.
BSD has now "share alike" section like CC-BY-SA, GPL, Apache .. and others.
.. So everything I changed can be my own proprietary license if I want. I
can do with it, what I want. eg: sell it and disallow modifications by
everyone else.

-mario

-------------

So if an end user of your resume edition, wants to publish his own version
they can do so. They just need to modify the existing License tiddler like
so
eg:

The content of this TiddlyWiki is licensed: <what ever the user wants>

The TiddlyWiki Resume Edition is licensed: <link to your license>

TiddlyWiki core is BSD licensed
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/master/licenses/copyright.md>
Additional Plugin Licenses can be found at the [[Control Panel|$:/
ControlPanel]]

--> done

-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/722b08e4-dadd-4e5c-b19e-31b1f68c22b2%40googlegroups.com.