Well, I spoke to soon.  Shutting down the add-ons and FireFox extension
fixed the problem for a while, much as getting rid of unneeded programs.
But now the problem has returned.  I am at a loss because I can't see what
is triggering this problem.  I will try moving the files to a new
directory.  If that does not work, I may try a work-around, such as the new
extension offered on this site that saves out of the Chrome browser.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a82e6e56-9621-4ebc-a71f-68d6466ddcd5%40googlegroups.com.