PMario wrote:

> I know but if you have a look at empty.html. It has already 1218 shadow
> tiddlers. Many of them come for UI configuration. We should try to remove
> them and not make them more. The whole confi stuff makes TW terribly slow.

@anyone who knows or has thoughts about it;

If (if) one wanted to make a pull request to split out - just as a concrete
example - the "New journal" and "New journal here" features, and provide
them as a plugin instead, how would one go about this? Are the interfaces
defined (not UI, I mean code-to-code)? Do all e.g "tools" (buttons) have
the same interface parameters?

I used toolbuttons as an example, is there much difference for other
features? Can the various components be categorized/segregated based on
characteristics and how easily they'd be externalized? Are there any
established such categories?

Would pluggifying e.g tools mean that if they were then plugged in so that
the resulting TW appears just like the current unmodified version, then
we'd get an even bigger file than the current unmodified because plugins
presumably also carry some extra stuff, or is this very marginal?

Thanks!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d6f2897c-2975-4519-9b79-077f212421bc%40googlegroups.com.