On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:45:12 PM UTC-7, Graeme Henson wrote:

> Jumping off of this recent post since it's semi-related, How would you go
> about hiding the entire Sidebar itself by default? I've been googling
> around trying to find some method for it using plug-ins and such, but I
> can't tell if it's older code that doesn't apply or if I'm entering in the
> information wrong. Is there a ShadowTiddler somewhere where I can toggle
> this on-off?

The current state of the sidebar is stored in a tiddler
[[$:/state/sidebar]].  This tiddler is saved with the document, so if you
close the sidebar, and then save the document with the sidebar closed, it
will still be closed when you reload the document later.  However, closing
the sidebar hides the "save changes" button, so saving with the sidebar
closed is problematic.  To work around this, you can add the save button
directly to the "TopRightBar" in the page layout, so that it will still be
available after closing the sidebar.

1) create a new tiddler (e.g., [[ShowSaveWikiButton]])
2) Enter the following content:
   {{$:/core/ui/Buttons/save-wiki}}
3) tag it with "$:/tags/TopRightBar"

This will cause the "save changes" button to be displayed in the upper
right corner of the page (right next to the sidebar toggle button).  You
can then proceed to close the sidebar and click the save button.  Q.E.D.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
ELS Design Studios
TiddlyTools - "Small Tools for Big Ideas!"
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f01ce159-84e9-445f-8a20-897f1bcb118a%40googlegroups.com.