Hello Spangenhelm, the method explained here is a way to virtually have
multiple tag fields on the same tiddler.
It simulates the option of having two or more distinct fields in the same
tiddler that behave in the same way that the default tag editor does, with
the benefits it brings, like the auto complete, the list of available tags,
the tag-pill display etc.
It also creates a separation between a few "set of tags" with different
purposes, for example in my software database I find it desirable to tag my
software with stuff like "image Editor" "3D Modeling" or "Note Taking", I
also like to tag it by platform "Windows" "Mac" Linux" etc.
These tags could all live in the same field, or I could optionally separate
them as if they are completely independent sets of tags each with its own
field both while reading or editing the tiddler. Same goes for file
formats, instead of having dozens of file formats "polluting" my regular
tag field I can have them neatly separated into it's own field.

Check a screenshot f the example below:

In edit mode:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TOVBLOvMV8Q/VfqmaZP6R_I/AAAAAAAAKVo/DJehrPmQFb8/s1600/Tiddlywiki_MultipleTagFields00.jpg>

And in view mode

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aVkh3hQlJwQ/VfqmpzwwTJI/AAAAAAAAKVw/ZRz4MaRowKE/s1600/Tiddlywiki_MultipleTagFields01.jpg>

Hope this makes it clearer

BTW, glad you like the poster thanks! :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c3a0c876-07e1-4793-b6fe-7b6822182130%40googlegroups.com.