Tag the shadow tiddlers that I modify, as I go, huh? Brilliant. And simple.
Thanks *@Greg*, I'll start doing that from now on. I have coloured all my
system-related tags red, so they stand out from everything else. I now have
one called *modified-shadow* and have tagged the $:/core/save/all tiddler
with it. That's the only one I've changed so far.

Getting great advice like this, early on in my use of TiddlyWiki, is
awesome. It means I don't have to go back and apply such changes to a whole
heap of things I'd've already done.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7879582e-0e7e-4b4f-b1d1-f15acb6e6737%40googlegroups.com.