Hi Evan

The solution in the previous post makes upgrading fairly trivial, provided
that the names of the sidebar tabs or system tags involved are not changed
in the new version (the code can change.)

Simply add this tiddler to your new wiki, and prepare the tabs by clicking
the large '+' button. If you have are upgrading an old wiki -- deselect the
modified system tiddlers during the upgrade, then click the large '+'
button to prepare the upgraded system tiddlers.

regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/119f938a-e17e-47fe-92f8-e37b5391201d%40googlegroups.com.