It still may lead to a lose of data. I've experimented it once. A syntax
error that causes the filter to match nothing, and you end with a nearly
empty file... So backup every time you change the save-filter!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/085b6068-dc9e-4a85-83cc-8211c8f9ecab%40googlegroups.com.