A couple of observations I've made since starting to use the same
information stored in my *defn* tiddler variable as a popup (hover)
explanatory text.

   1. As <abbr> and tooltip don't like inline coding, all my definitions
   should be in plain text only.
   2. Referencing a field of a tiddler is not the same as linking to a
   tiddler directly, so if the reference is the only link, then the target
   tiddler will still be an orphan.

I try to reduce the number of orphans and missing tiddlers in my TW wiki as
much as I can. I just thought this information might be useful to somebody.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4e69ed33-0769-4928-bc02-9b9183d5f70b%40googlegroups.com.