Hi George

> I have TiddlyMap 8.5.1 installed in my json server. How can I go about
> updating my plugin installation? Do I need to uninstall and re-install
> the plugin?

Updating TiddlyMap is the same procedure as installing it. In _no case_
you need to remove your previous installation.

Did you install it per dragndrop? Then you need to go to
http://tiddlymap.org and click on installation instructions follow the
steps.

Do you use TiddlyMap with TiddlyMap in nodejs mode? Then you need follow
these instructions
https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap#when-running-tiddlywiki-in-nodejs.

> Will I lose my views and filter if I do so?

Theoretically: No, your views, filters, positions, styles (most of the
styling at least) should always remain intact after an update. Even
though TM is in beta, I always try to make sure that I do not break
existing stuff. If your wiki internal structure is not up to date,
TiddlyMap will try to fix that with a dedicated Fixer module
<https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap/blob/master/src/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/lib.fixer.js>

However, some minor aspects may change. Also TiddlyMap behaviours might
change.

*disclaimer* It can also happen, that an update breaks your wiki by
accident. So always make a backup before upgrading, then test if
everything works fine (e.g. add a node or create a dummy view) and if
this is the case it should be fine to work with the new wiki (but always
keep the backup for safety reasons!).

I always recommend to upgrade periodically as many bugs get fixed.

Hope this helps :)
-Felix

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/BLU436-SMTP258E63C4EDA9DBCA28EEF01CE480%40phx.gbl.