I just made a new action widget. It will probably be put into the
action-setfield widget if it does make it to the core but this allows
things to be much more modular since this is a single file that adds a
single widget.

What I have is here
http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/ListManipulation/#Demo%20Stuff:[[Demo%20Stuff]]%20%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Finmysocks%2FListManipulation%2Faction-editlist.js

It is currently full of bugs when it comes to generic list operations, but
it should work when you want it to be like the tag field. The biggest
problem with this compared to the other one is that there isn't yet an
equivalent to the tag[foo] filter operator for other fields. That is easy
enough to add but it may be a few days before I get time to do it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/bab11a49-6a67-4e06-8a2b-9d0ee0f640a7%40googlegroups.com.