Hello Jeremy

You can easily overlay the main page using a position: fixed div, just like
> the backdrop for the modals.

Now you mention the modals, that raised me an idea.

My first intention was to hide the whole  tc-page-container-wrapper div.
Then I realized that if I set it's css property display to none, then none
of its children will be displayed.
That is a problem for the UI elements that I want to "survive". Then I
though about hiding all the children of the tc-dropzone div.
That works well, but then I saw that the modals ( tc-modal-wrapper ) are
positioned outside the dropzone div. And I am sure that they are able to
send events both to the root widget and the navigator widget. Is that
correct?
Maybe the best solution is to use the same approach as the modals does?

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cee77fc1-32db-4320-bc5a-a77977f25b76%40googlegroups.com.