That code looks nice and clean, and might do everything Antaeus wants ...
EXCEPT that it can't (or at least I don't think it can) be used inside a
button the way he wants.

The solution is to rewrite the javascript code so that it accepts values
from <$set> variables outside instead of parameters.

Someone could eliminate the parameters and instead put these lines just
inside the run() function:

var format = this.getVariable("format") ;

var delay = this.getVariable("delay") ;

var ts = this.getVariable("ts") ;

I haven't tried it though. If anyone tries this, they should be sure to
back up their TW. A single mistake can cause the red-block-of-javascript
doom to pop up.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4ed62f80-a848-4488-8ec3-36821c26bf9c%40googlegroups.com.