Actually, perhaps I should share what my macro will do - I went looking to see
if there was an existing plugin that handled such things, and didn't find one,
but that could be just because I wasn't looking in the right places.

My macro will take a 17-character string as used in a Date field as its first
parameter, and as its second, a string indicating an amount of time to
increment it ("1d", for instance, would be one day.)  It will calculate and
return the incremented date.  With being able to read, modify, and write back a
date values, I can create easy "reschedule" buttons for task tiddlers.

To tell the truth, there are some terrific JS libraries that do all of that and
much more, and I was hoping there would be a simple way they might be
incorporated into TW5, but if there is, I haven't found documentation for it.
Is there such a way?  Or has someone already created awesome date-manipulation
plugins?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b6786561-3bd5-4f31-876c-ef4185e9e9e1%40googlegroups.com.