The filters part isn't what I am objecting to. The only thing that imposes
uniqueness in the list is the function $tw.utils.parseStringArray and that
is an arbitrary limitation added to ensure uniqueness in the tags field.
Since we want to use polymorphic fields that limitation should either be
removed if possible or another function should be added that doesn't have
that limit. This requires changes to exactly 2 lines of code in boot.js. I
just added the a new function in my example because I wanted the demo to be
independent of any changes to the core. Then when you want to use
$tw.utils.parseStringArray and not impose uniqueness on the returned list
you use $tw.utils.parseStringArray(list, true) instead of
$tw.utils.parseStringArray(list)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/135f1105-5eb0-44ad-9f59-dc61f4ee7909%40googlegroups.com.