1) If an edition is going to be listed as part of the core repo Jeremy said
that any plugins either need to already be on tiddlywiki.com or added to
it. Past that I think that the only requirement is that it works. Being
useful would help too.

2) If you have a set list of fields than you could use the search operator.
something like:

[search{transcluded search term}][search:field1{transcluded search
term}][search:field2{transcluded search term}]

where your search input is put into a temporary tiddler used for the
transcluded search term portion. If you want something that will take less
updating if you change the fields used than put the fields you want to
search in a list field of some settings tiddler and then use something like
this:

\define thisSearchResult()
<$list filter='[search:$(CurrentField)${transcluded search term}]'>

</$list>
\end

<$list filter='[list[reference to list field]]' variable=CurrentField>
<<thisSearchResult>>
</$list>

Using that you couldn't sort the entire output list without using some more
advanced things. I think Tobias made a plugin that would let you do it and
the way I made my version of breadcrumbs would probably let you do it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d7248861-5fd2-41a9-823e-7e0b8aca42cf%40googlegroups.com.