Tobias, thanks for your input.

Regarding questin 1, I figure that in the end Jeremy is the decision maker
for what makes it as an official edition on tiddlywiki.com, so I'd better
have it straight from him when it comes to what is allowed or preferred.
Your input does make sense though.

2b) Altenatively, is there a good way to make fields show in search?
>> Ideally not all fields, only the ones I specify.
>>

> There is this ...which has been lingering about for a while now...
>
> *#1386 extended search filter*
> https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/pull/1386
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJermolene%2FTiddlyWiki5%2Fpull%2F1386&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEftsu-4vF9aUJd6V2EbgyejrVTZQ>

That thread dives techy pretty quickly but if I understand a main point,
it's to be able to categorize fields. I don't have to tell you what my wish
is in that matter, but a less pretty solution, to be able to search groups
of fields, might be to group fields by naming them with pre- or suffixes.
And I know how you feel about this, but it would at least work (I think).

Definitely off topic, but:

but if what we have or even things on the wishlist prevent major
> improvements (like this) from getting underway... then we're not quite
> doing it right, imho.

Have you ever considered a fork? Not to step away but to run a parallel
experiment where you - and we all - can find out that "ok, that was not a
good idea" OR "now that is just superior!" - both findings are of value for
the TW project at large. Big value even, considering how fundamental some
of your ideas are.
Just a friendly thought.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f94eda56-d4dd-4b2e-8a24-922462afac43%40googlegroups.com.