Sorry for the confusion there. I see what you're getting at now. To prove
it out to a permissions problem with your /var/www/html folder or
subfolders, have you tried saving the download (when browsed from the local
machine, not via Apache, as we can conclude the problem isn't there)
temporarily to your home folder, as a test download?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/21532f14-ce7b-47c3-aa5e-88c932401121%40googlegroups.com.