Hi

I'm a little confused about the purposes of these utilities -- what can
they do that can't be done with the standard method?

For those who are unaware of the standard method -- this is my usual
procedure:
1. Tag each of the tiddlers you wish to export with the tag 'export'
2. Open the Filter tab of Advanced Search
3. Enter the filter expression '[tag[export]]' (this should list the
tiddlers you wish to export)
4. Click the little 'Export tiddlers' button next to the filter search box
5. Select 'JSON File'
6. Enter the name of your file, and save
7. Drag the saved file onto your other wiki
8. Import the tiddlers
9. If any of the tiddlers contained plugins, save and refresh

And you're done.

regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/36f37926-a44f-4518-b688-203e39c01f4e%40googlegroups.com.