I have some newhere buttons I'd like to transclude into different tiddlers.
 Naturally, I want them to behave as if currentTiddler is the including
tiddler, not the tiddler where the button lives.  (For example, I want to
assign the tags of the tiddler from which the button is clicked, not the
tags of the tiddler where the button is defined.)

Rather than resorting to macros, I'm know I can invoke those buttons with
template transclusion (e.g, {{||MyButton}}).

But how can I use template transclusion within the <$list> macro?

This doesn't seem to work:

<$list filter="[my[filter]]"><$tiddler><$transclude /></$tiddler></$list>

Nor does this:

<$list filter="[my[filter]]"><$tiddler tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>
><$transclude /></$tiddler></$list>

Nor this:

<$list filter="[my[filter]]"><$transclude tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>
/></$list>

Well — they work in that the button is transcluded, but it fails to treat
the including tiddler as currentTiddler, instead defaulting to the tiddler
where the button is defined.

Is this a limitation I've stumbled up to, or (more likely) am I just
missing an obvious syntactical solution?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e164cb1b-8726-4ed2-b2c3-d24d78d128ea%40googlegroups.com.