Actually, let me correct that.  What I showed is actually working fine.
What's not working is when I try to pass a variable created by a list
widget into a macro when the tiddler stored in currentTiddler contains
spaces in its title.  I'm doing the following:

<$macrocall $name="ezlink" input=<<currentTiddler>>/>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3592a464-d622-4b58-8520-9d6f90c438dd%40googlegroups.com.