Hi Shay,

> I write in the journal more often, and 70% of the time it's from my phone.
> Title as time stamp allows me to know when I wrote it. There's usually not
> just one topic, but more.

I'd possibly be using a "published" (or even "journal") field to store a
given date (same format as the date or modified format) that would neither
be the created date or the modified date of the actual tiddler.

Alternatively, to literally edit the "created" field, so you can set it to
the created date of your note, rather than the created date of that
tiddler, would be to use a conditional edit template to expos the created
date for editing in edit mode, e.g. via:

title: $:/_my/ui/EditTemplate/created
tags: $:/tags/EditTemplate

''created:'' <$edit-text field="created" tag="input"/>

...then you are free to use perhaps more human readable note titles, of
course having a wee bit of a constraint regarding uniqueness. Something you
wouldn't run into when using the date as a title. So, just a thought. You
could always add a given date at the beginning or end of your title, if you
ever need to for uniqueness.

In fact, I would actually want an option in TiddlyWiki, e.g. a checkbox
that allows me to specify if I want to see the created and even the
modified field. So I can explicitly modify or even delete them if I want
to. I know how to do these things myself and. So, that's perhaps the better
way to go (e.g. via plugin) as I imagine not many people feeling an urge to
do any of that.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/31526ca0-72b0-4863-aa16-62791f69d820%40googlegroups.com.