Hey guys,

it is me again :)

I got a little deeper look into TiddlyWiki and came to wonder why the
storage of Tiddlers is implemented the way it is. As I understand it every
Tiddler is a single <div> which are all stored in the "Tiddler Area". But
since every Tiddler is a object with its own properties ("created",
"author", etc.), wouldn't it be a logic decision to keep them as JavaScript
objects and store everything as a big JSON string in the storage area so we
do not need to parse it back again?

My only clue is that there are some performance thoughts which I (with my
limited JavaScript skills) do not get. Any hint or link would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks guys
Tristan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/03eeba93-0901-489e-a3cc-803559418c91%40googlegroups.com.