Hi Mark,
thanks a lot, i could not find a documentation of the |toc-tabbed-external-nav macro before.
Your proof helped me a lot
All the best
Jan

Am 01.06.2016 um 10:48 schrieb Mark Armitage:
I was asked about the sidebar, it's based on 'How to add a new tab to the sidebar' in the documentation.

I created a tiddler called 'Sidebar-Index' and tagged it with '$:/tags/SideBar', it then appears as a tab on the right, I wanted to change it's name so I added a caption field '~ToC', and a 'list-after' field with the value '$:/core/ui/SideBar/Open' makes sure it appears just after the Open tab. The tiddler is a 'text/vnd.tiddlywiki' type and contains:

<$macrocall
 $name="toc-tabbed-external-nav"
 tag="Index" selectedTiddler="$:/temp/index/selectedTiddler"
 missingText="<p>Missing tiddler.</p>"
/>

Now to add a horizontal tab into that area I just tag a tiddler with 'Index' and in it pops. This tiddler contains the following:

<<list-links"[tag[osx]sort[]]">>

Which basically means it is a list of all tiddlers with a given tag, in this case 'osx' and it sorts them.

Lastly, to put tiddlers into that horizontal tab I just tag them with that tag, so in this case 'osx'.

It means I can have lots of sections within that tab and keep things nicely organized.

Hope this helps.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KyViTaKP9GY/V06frwQsF7I/AAAAAAAAIWM/lvi7WBjeIisiUq3juxoaoxzh8QSiGufMwCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-06-01%2Bat%2B09.40.49.png>

On Monday, 30 May 2016 22:04:04 UTC+1, Mark Armitage wrote:

    Works like a charm, I am very grateful to you all.
    In the image, the checkboxes are in the top tidder in a table,
    when clicked the data in the data dictionary held in the bottom
    tiddler is modified. All nice and tidy which suits my OCD. No
    spurious fields, no extra tags. Wonderful.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_cSV3_ZVNWo/V0ysj6Xo17I/AAAAAAAAIV4/0D-bJRMCiY8cIrkrEQrti8k0OIyAx2UFACLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-30%2Bat%2B22.07.15.png>

    On Sunday, 29 May 2016 22:49:13 UTC+1, Mark Armitage wrote:

        I would like to have a single tiddler which holds a data
        dictionary, say:

        TEST
           AA:1
           BB:0
           CC:0

        Then in another tiddler, have a checkbox that gets it's value
        from the data dictionary (TEST), so say:

        CB
          [x] AA
          [ ] BB

        I think that it should be something like {{TEST##AA}} and if
        the value is 1 then check the box, otherwise uncheck it.

        Is this possible?

        I think I can do it with tags or fields but it is just a bit
        messy, I don't really want lots of fields or tags created.
        This way there would be one tiddler which could hold all the
        data and be referred to from any other one that I wanted to
        display the data on.

        Hopefully I have explained it okay.

        Thanks,

        Mark.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com <mailto:tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/09802e2e-92b9-4d13-a9ee-a0827cff8353%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/09802e2e-92b9-4d13-a9ee-a0827cff8353%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/574F5DDC.8000302%40googlemail.com.