Hi Jon

> Some more info: if I disable the Text Slicer plugin first before attempting
> the upgrade, the wiki goes through the upgrade process without the Java
> Script error and shows the new version number (from 5.1.10)

The TextSlicer plugin in 5.1.12 depends on the Dom-Parser plugin
($:/plugins/tiddlywiki/xmldom/dom-parser). It’s a bug that it crashes when the
plugin isn’t present; it should just give a warning. As you discovered, the
workaround is to exclude the TextSlicer plugin from the upgrade by unchecking
it in the upgrade wizard.

> but the new text editor isn't present.

That’s strange; perhaps you are using another plugin that disrupts the editor
machinery?

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/99A314F3-300A-411B-ACF9-DC46CAAF3B74%40gmail.com.