Replying to my own message as I was mistaken. See below

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Brian Theado <brian.the...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can see it isn't only about autosave (nice explanation), but the
> autosave without using a browser plugin is a really nice feature on its own
> (as Josiah also mentioned). If I were to use this plugin for the autosave
> functionality only (i.e. without a couchdb server), I would feel a little
> nervous about have all my tiddler data stored only in the browser's
> IndexedDB storage. Rather than being diligent about backing up my browser's
> profile directory, I got to thinking it would be nice to have a download
> button which downloads a full tiddlywiki including all the tiddlers from
> the pouchdb database. That way I could autosave to browser storage
> throughout the day and maybe once or twice a day hit the download button to
> store a full tiddlywiki file as the backup.
>
> I was even thinking that when the user does not have a couchdb server
> configured, the default behavior for download could be to download the full
> tiddlywiki. Because it is only when the couchdb server is configured that
> the "thin" tiddlywiki is useful. What do you think?

I didn't test well enough and I fooled myself into thinking the main TW
download/save button in the sidebar was not saving the tiddlers stored in
the browser storage. But when I looked closer, I found the pouchdb tiddlers
were there in the downloaded html file.

So the download/save button can already be used as a method for backing up
the pouchdb data.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAO5X8CyX9nr-VNtSC_vyVgy3rYuNEa%2B-2TiWahjroABkuGAdVA%40mail.gmail.com.