Hello Tobias

> Do you mean "call a web-service"?

No I mean a TW message, like the ones dispatched by the button widget or
the action-sendmessage widgets. For example tw-new-tiddler

> I would think there would have to be a widget to dispatch messages, which
> can be called e.g. via the button widget. Then there would have to be a way
> to extend the core tabs macro so that clicking a tab will trigger a set of
> action widgets, as you can do with a generic tab, some parameter perhaps
> universally called $action which points to a template defining the actions
> being run.

Of course a widget would be necessary to dispatch the message. Currently
action widgets are limited to be inside of button widgets. It would be
ideal if you can add a widget to the body of a tiddler, and when you
navigate/open that tiddler (no matter if it is following a link or opening
a tab) the action widget is executed. As I said, I think that someone did
something of this kind, but I didn't found it.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a37713b2-f9ba-4b78-980b-0e19db7646b6%40googlegroups.com.