Mark,

> Looks like a very versatile solution. I notice that some of the tags
> overlap into the next column. Appears you have to tweak the max/min pixels
> to suit your particular data set, right?

Tagpills seem to be blocks (I'd guess inline-blocks in TWs native
stylesheets). This makes tagpills in a row overlap if they are wider than
what you set the cell max/min width to be. Listed *titles* instead wrap,
obeying the max/min width and expanding the cell height (and thereby also
the row height). If you want tagpills to behave like titles, I think this
should all be css controllable.

You could see if adding "overflow-x:hidden; border-left:3px solid white;"
to the item is more to your liking. This should prevent two overlapping
tagpills of the same color from appearing like one. You could also go fancy
and add a gradient or image to the right in each cell so any too-long-pill
fades before it reaches the end.

The difficulty, I find, is to decide where to compromise when one wants to
squeeze in unpredictably sized data into a fixed layout ...overlap or
truncate or expand... :-)

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a84824b1-0c56-4526-90f1-a6b68f965609%40googlegroups.com.