As part of my bibliography project (see previous thread,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/ZKiviPin72c) it occurs
to me that I could import a structured file (a bib file) as a tiddler, and
write macros that search for / extract records from that tiddler. Is
something like that even possible?

Here, for example, is what a bib file with two entries might look like
@InProceedings{Dalgaard2001,
  author     = {Dalgaard, Rune},
  title      = {Hypertext and the Scholarly Archive: Intertexts, Paratexts
and Metatexts at Work},
  url        = {http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/504216.504262},
  urldate    = {2016-10-17},
}

@Article{Rowan2016,
  author     = {Rowan, Kyle Edward},
  title      = {Not Quite a Sunset: a hypertext opera},
  date       = {2016},
  shorttitle = {Not Quite a Sunset},
  url        = {http://escholarship.org/uc/item/9830g5pn.pdf},
  urldate    = {2016-10-17},
}

How could I write macros that would allow me to transclude fields/values
from this tiddler, for example:

{{Rowan2016!!url}} to return http://escholarship.org/uc/item/9830g5pn.pdf

{{Rowan2016!!type}} to return @Article (this would be necessary to generate
custom templates based on type)

etc.

I am still interested in parsing this file into separate tiddlers (one for
each @), but the approach outlined above might be easier for me to handle.

Thanks,

//steve.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/830c0d47-36df-4535-b137-54e93a845c5a%40googlegroups.com.